Due to ongoing matters regarding insurance, the general meeting of the RHVA scheduled for Saturday 16 November 2019 has been cancelled. This is most regrettable, but the RHVA executive considers the association to be in a precarious position, and that cancellation pending resolution of these issues is the most prudent course of action.
In short, meetings of community consultative bodies (CCBs) such as the RHVA are covered by council for public liability. However, council does not cover CCBs for director’s indemnity insurance, which includes matters such as defamation. This comes at a cost of over $1200, which is difficult for our small association to accommodate, and reduces the ability of the RHVA to help fund community projects.
The executive is continuing to try to resolve this issue with council. Any suggestions as to how money to cover this insurance might be raised by the community would gratefully received.
In the meantime, as listed below, there are MANY current issues that will likely be of interest to members, including current and pending developments (Manyana Beach Estate and Inyadda Drive). Information pertaining to most of these issues can be found on this website (e.g. in posts below and under Correspondence In/Out, Community Projects and Latest Hot Topics).
Please keep any eye on the website in coming days for updates and further documentation relating to the matters listed below.
- Meeting of Inyadda Drive Planning Proposal Focus Group with JWD Projects and GHD regarding the Inyadda Drive Planning Proposal (15 November 2019) to discuss the Biodiversity Certification Assessment Report – updates will be provided under Latest Hot Topics
- Progress on the Berringer/Cunjurong link pathway – see Community Projects Tab
- Shorebirds – hooded plovers nesting at south end of Inyadda – see post below
- The recent Coastal Management survey (relevant to management of Lake Conjola opening) – see post below
- Tourist and Visitor Accommodation and Clause 2.8 (Temporary Use of Land) Review – meeting with council held 13 November, updates to follow – keep an eye on Correspondence In/Out and Latest Hot Topics. If you are interested in providing feedback to council on this issue (which relates, for example, to use of properties as wedding venues) PLEASE REFER TO ONLINE SURVEY (deadline 13 December 2019) at https://getinvolved.shoalhaven.nsw.gov.au/tourist-and-visitor-accommodation-review
- Manyana Beach Estate – CONSTRUCTION CERTIFICATE HAS BEEN ISSUED!! More information to follow shortly – keep an eye on the Latest Hot Topics tab.
- Murals update – heaps of fantastic progress. Refer to Community Projects page.
- Bendalong Boat Harbour – refer to Correspondence In/Out
- Surf Schools – refer to Correspondence In/Out
- Shoalhaven Transition full application for Environmental Trust grant – this grant application includes a proposal to conduct Biodiversity Blitzes in our area. A Biodiversity Blitz workshop will be held on Friday 6 December in Ulladulla from 2-4pm. Register by 22 November by sending an email to email@example.com
- Plant barrier erected at the beach access at the bottom of Quebec – thank you to council for this attractive, common sense, environmentally friendly approach
- Bush care – meets first Saturday of the month. After much hard work on Manyana Beach, the focus is shifting to Cunjurong Point. To join, and find out more about times and locations, please contact Bushcare at firstname.lastname@example.org